The JMS website generates a sizable amount of traffic from the local area and we feel it would be a great benefit for members of the JMS community to tap into this a bit. So, we have created â€‹a place for JMSers to exchange their business information with one another.
We have worked hard to build a community and now that it’s become so large, we want to help members take advantage of their JMS community connections. Why go to a stranger when you can go to someone you already know and trust? I know I and others have been doing this informally for years. I expect this will really benefit all our users.
We’ve set up the forum so you must have made at least five posts in other forums before you’re allowed to post in the service exchange. This ensures there is some level of engagement with the JMS community; the privilege is only being given to those who truly are JMS members. We do not want people coming to the site solely for the sake of posting in the Service Exchange forum.
This is a privilege and because the nature of advertising can get spammy quickly, there are some ground rules.
- Do not post multiple threads for your service. If you feel you have a new offer or deal that would greatly benefit JMS members, reply to your original topic you created with the details. Please make sure whatever you are offering is something truly beneficial to the community — we (JMS moderators) will remove posts that abuse this rule.
- Do not bump your posts for the sake of making your post rise to the top of the page.
- Other pickup hockey services are not allowed to advertise here. The reasons why should be obvious, but we want this to be about JMSer’s business lives, not other competing hockey ventures that are out there.
- Please don’t trash talk someone else’s business. We don’t need giant flame wars to erupt here and we have no interest in rating people’s services.
- Please do feel free to recommend someone. If you’ve done business with a fellow JMSer before, feel free to help them out by spreading the word of their business, or replying to their topic to give them praise.
- Do not offer any service that scams people or is illegal. Be nice. If we think your offer is suspect it will be removed. We probably aren’t going to believe that you really are the prince of Nigeria.
- The catch-all: We (JMS moderators) can remove your post at any time, for any reason that may or may not necessarily be described in these rules.